Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Engineering : Plan B for many students

It was the 2nd semester of my engineering when i came to know my classmate Shubham and his group usually named as air force group by me as all of them were from air force family. I must admit that Shubham has an exceptional talent in singing. I wondered what was he doing there in engg . Later on i found that he was a bit shy . So i assumed that he might not have told or insisted his parents about his dream .
                    After few days of the semester while we were having our lunch , Gautam , one of his friends was telling that he wanted to become an actor and he is studying engg for the sake of degree. I was taken aback . I just looked myself and thought that I also wanted to become an author but I couldn't because I didn't have that much of courage to say this to my mother . Then I surveyed, on net, google , asked my relatives ,friends and many more. To my surprise I got to know that around 80% of the engg students are studying engg only for the sake of degree or either they are forced to study engg due to various reasons .
                                   One of my teachers told me " Many of the students studying here are not fit for engg or either I could say you that engg is not suitable for them". Around 6 out of 10 students are opting engg after their +2 level . This shows the packed and orthodox thinking of people in India . To my surprise there were no such statistics in USA or London. Well as per my perception the reason could be the broad thinking of the residents their. I was surprised to see that in India most engineers die or commit suicide because they think that they are forced to swim across a pool named engineering.
                               As per my thinking parents and teachers are also faulty for this as they don't see the talent of their wards and encourage them to pursue such goals for which they are meant to be. They should find what is best suited for their child and not what they think is best for their child.
                                    The orthodoxy behavior of our society is becoming a barrier against success of the country. If the parents are thinking that everyone in the family was engg or dr and my child should also do those same stuff then they should think and survey that there are other options as well in which we have a lots of scope and their child could create wonders in those field if they are set free to achieve their goals without any pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment